We are currently looking for applicants based in North West England.
Senior Project Manager
The Land Surveyor is responsible for land surveying, data collection and reporting. The Land Surveyor will be required to undertake land surveys using multiple techniques whilst maintaining safe working practices to provide high quality survey data, following surveying processes and specifications with accuracy. The Land Surveyor will be required to deliver survey outcomes within the specified timescales and budgetary expectations.
As a Land Surveyor you will undertake part or parts of the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive):
- Obtain brief prior to each survey to ensure correct and complete survey results are obtained in line with client specifications;
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of land survey data on site, along with appropriate software packages to produce required client outputs or data to be added to other schemes;
- Employ associated industry guidelines and client specifications;
- Lead and work effectively with Assistant Surveyors;
- Work with other surveyors to provide the survey reports to the required standard, format and output, within the required timescales;
- Maintain effective communication between clients, main contractors and supply chain;
- Produce and maintain reports, spreadsheets and databases where necessary to facilitate the above tasks;
- Follow Risk Assessment and Method Statements. Follow Health and Safety reporting guidelines;
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to whilst on site – such as: Health & Safety, NRSWA, CDM etc;
- Participate in ‘lessons learned’ and contribute to the improvement of processes;
- Participate or lead in the development of equipment, methods or software;
- Maintain equipment and vehicles as required to ensure they are always available;
- You may also be required to undertake duties within other areas of the company as and when required.
- Minimum of 2 years land surveying or relevant experience;
- Minimum of 5 level 2 qualifications e.g. GCSE’s including Maths & English;
- Experience in delivering PAS128 surveys;
- Experience in using high definition laser scanners;
- Experience in setting out works;
- Experience using AutoCAD, N4CE, and Cyclone;
- Conversant in the use of surveying equipment (GPS, Total Station, Leveller);
- Good IT skills including competency in the Microsoft Office software suite;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly;
- Forensic attention to detail;
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Good organisational skills;
- UK driving licence.
- Suitable level 6 qualification e.g. degree within related field;
- Experience of land surveying in the utilities and construction;
- CSCS Card;
- NRSWA Certified.
The role is predominately a field based role working from our Brentwood office with days spent at the office as required. Night shifts and weekend shifts may be required. Travelling and working away from home may also be required.
- Annual leave entitlement increases with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Company funded Private Health Care
- Employee assistance programme
- Company funded travel insurance
- Death in service cover
- Personal health care days
- Working away credit schemes
- Company sick pay
- Training and development opportunities available
- Paid charitable work day
- Medicash – Health Care Cash Scheme – also offers retail discounts.
£24,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Catsurveys’ Vision is: 'To provide the best data on the world's assets'